Thursday, December 22, 2011

Calendar girl

These days, Cat Boccaccio is one-handed and full of pain killers - she broke her arm! But that hasn't stopped her doing her bit this winter for SL art, and RL charity The Hunger Project. Here she is, in front of a lovely white poinsettia by Keiko Kohime, at  DNA **Art and Music Fusion**. Go upstairs at the gallery/club and you'll see the full collection of her tasteful nudes.
They are all familiar faces from SL - women artists, models and gallery owners who've come together to be part of yet another stunning calendar, 'Goddesses of SL Art'  available inworld at The Seaside Gallery at Nestor Marina. Who exactly is in it? You'll have to go and see!
 My absolute favorite is the one of Gracie, but each picture tells a thousand, words, so be sure to pick up the notecard and get the inside scoop on both the art and the photo-shoot - it makes interesting reading!
Cat Boccaccio: I had very painful opening here! because it was just after my fall, when I broke my arm, but  we had planned the event so long, I just had to go.  We have raised about  L$ 30,000 so far, I am hoping for much more. I will match it in RL money! !
Despite the arm, Cat was dancing up a storm at the Calendar event at DNA **Art and Music Fusion** when we chatted tonight. The club has a great mix of music and tunez! I took a LM and plan to go back.
Cat Boccaccio: There isn't a RL version of the calendar year, but I am planning a real-life version and a SL book with more photos, but I am such a klutz.  I will do it next year - if I don't break any bones! The hardest photo shoot? Morgana, but only because she is in Australia, so that was tricky, time wise. This is my third calendar, and the second one for the hunger Project. We laugh a lot during the shoots. Fuschia and I took about 100 photos, we were having so much fun!
Gorgeous women, great art and a good cause, what more do you want?  Show your Linden Love today!

No comments: